64 Bites - Season 1 - From Basic to Assembly
Commodore 64 Programming Screencasts
Here's what you get
- 9 videos (50+ minutes in total)
- transcripts (7500+ words)
- source code examples (450+ LOC)'
- access to 64bitesVIP Facebook group, where you can get help
- online streaming
- download with no DRM
- one time payment (no monthly/annual fees)
You WILL learn following in BASIC
- How to operate your Commodore 64 using commands in immediate mode.
- Meaning of potential errors that you can encounter in BASIC.
- Write programs in BASIC that can be executed later.
- Read and modify memory the PEEK and POKE commands to.
- Using FOR loops to simplify repetitive tasks
- Draw simple images with READ and DATA.
In Assembly You WILL:
- Understand how the program in assembly is stored and executed.
- Insert byte code into the memory by hand (and yes, it will work!).
- Learn how to use the KickAssembler - modern 6502 assembly compiler.
- Understand the difference between lda #$01 and lda $01
- Use JMP, JSR and RTS to structure your program
BASIC source code
ASM source code
total code size