64 Bites - #090 - Sprites on the border II - Seven sprites
Commodore 64 Programming Screencasts
In the previous episode, we have learned that if the sprite is to be displayed on a next raster line the graphical chip steals five cycles from the processor.
That's not the whole story, though.
Not all of those five stolen cycles are equal.
The number changes depending on which sprites are currently active.
Today we will try to figure out the required delay for up to seven sprites.
What is this?
It's an episode of the 64 Bites - Video Tutorials for Programmers,
the series designed to teach you how to program Commodore 64 in small and easy steps.
- The Video - Short, Intense and Focused
- You can stream it on any device
- or download DRM-free
- Full Transcript so you can follow along.
- Source Code for everything you will see on the screen.
- Programming Exercises to do on your own.