In the episode sixty-one, we've learned how to use the vertical border expansion to remove parts of the border that are above and below the drawable area.
Opening side borders can be accomplished in a similar fashion, but it is significantly harder.
Not only the timing has to be spot-on, the process has to be repeated on each raster line.
What is this?
It's an episode of the 64 Bites - Video Tutorials for Programmers,
the series designed to teach you how to program Commodore 64 in small and easy steps.
- The Video - Short, Intense and Focused
- You can stream it on any device
- or download DRM-free
- Full Transcript so you can follow along.
- Source Code for everything you will see on the screen.
- Programming Exercises to do on your own.