64 Bites - #065 - Vertical Software Scrolling
Commodore 64 Programming Screencasts
Although efficient, hardware screen scrolling forces us to widen the border, which in turn leaves us with only twenty-four rows or thirty-nine columns of characters.
In a case of vertical scrolling, we also don't have an easy way to make the rest of the screen static.
Fortunately, we can sacrifice some efficiency, and use the custom character set to scroll twenty-five characters vertically.
What is this?
It's an episode of the 64 Bites - Video Tutorials for Programmers,
the series designed to teach you how to program Commodore 64 in small and easy steps.
- The Video - Short, Intense and Focused
- You can stream it on any device
- or download DRM-free
- Full Transcript so you can follow along.
- Source Code for everything you will see on the screen.
- Programming Exercises to do on your own.