One of the things that made games more interesting when the Commodore 64 came out was the ability to scroll the screen pixel by pixel.
The VIC-II - the graphical chip of Commodore 64, allows moving the screen vertically and horizontally by up to 7 pixels in each direction.
And today we will learn how to use this feature.
What is this?
It's an episode of the 64 Bites - Video Tutorials for Programmers,
the series designed to teach you how to program Commodore 64 in small and easy steps.
- The Video - Short, Intense and Focused
- You can stream it on any device
- or download DRM-free
- Full Transcript so you can follow along.
- Source Code for everything you will see on the screen.
- Programming Exercises to do on your own.