In this episode, we are going to talk about the Multicolor Character Mode, which allows us sacrifices the horizontal resolution of a character for additional colors.
It can be used to add shading in tile based graphics but requires careful choice of a color palette or custom characters to display readable text.
What is this?
It's an episode of the 64 Bites - Video Tutorials for Programmers,
the series designed to teach you how to program Commodore 64 in small and easy steps.
- The Video - Short, Intense and Focused
- You can stream it on any device
- or download DRM-free
- Full Transcript so you can follow along.
- Source Code for everything you will see on the screen.
- Programming Exercises to do on your own.